Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catching up

Wow! We must be boring people! I can't believe that it has been so long since I've been on here.


This past weekend we went pumpkin picking. The kids had a blast and would have spent hours there if we allowed. The patch we picked also had a small petting zoo, playground equipment and hayrack rides. Andrew really liked the animals. He spotted the horses pulling the hayrack ride when we were out in the pumpkin patch and off he went. He still isn't too fast so catching him wasn't an issue. My dad took him over to pet the horses when we had finished with the pumpkin patch but he didn't like them quite as well up close. Go figure! He did really like the bunnies and baby calf in the petting zoo. We're planning a trip to grandma & grandpa's house this weekend so he'll get to see more baby calves.


Lauren found several pumpkins that she thought we needed but we made it home with only 4.

Last night we attended Family Night at Lauren's preschool. It was kinda like a little carnival without the rides. She got to make a door knob thingy (that is a word in my vocabulary) and went treasure hunting and fishing. The Cat in the Hat was the theme of the night and we got a family picture taken with Horton. Lauren made a frame for it and we'll be getting in back on Thursday when she attends school. Tomorrow night we are planning on attending a pumpkin painting party. I sure hope it quits raining by then.

Andrew is developing quite a vocabulary. His first word was dog (that was Lauren's as well). I guess Elliott & I see where we stand on the totem poll! He will get a bowl out of the drawer and say "cracker", meaning he'd like some goldfish. Other things we hear on a daily basis are: go, daddy and cow. He does a very good job of trying to repeat things after us as well. Lauren surprises us each day with things that come out of her mouth as well. I need to start writing her sayings down so I can remember them and share with you all.

No comments: