Monday, July 7, 2008

Harvest





The kids got to experience a wheat field for the first time this year. I'm not sure how we've managed to miss it in the past couple of years but this was Lauren's first year to ride on a combine. We stopped at the Harris operation first and she trucked it right out to Mike's combine and they were off. She isn't near as clingy as in the past and I'm loving it!! They made a couple rounds around the field and then it was time for us to head off for bedtime. The next day we made an appearance in the field with my dad. Lauren got to ride again and was a happy camper. I might be bias but I think she looks better in green! :)


While Lauren was touring the wheat field aboard the combine, Andrew was exploring the wheat field on his knees. He had a great time especially when he would sneak something into his mouth. The kid will eat anything he can get his hands on so we had a couple mud balls to dig out of his mouth. I guess it must be a boy thing . . . That was a phase that I didn't really believe in until now. Lauren would put things in her mouth but not anything like he does. I'm looking forward to it passing soon.

No comments: