Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jennifer's Trip


This past weekend, I flew to Denver for a girls weekend. Anne, Dacia & I were celebrating our 30th birthdays. We had a fabulous time. Here you can see us in the basement of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park. This is where Steven King wrote The Shining. Almost daily hotel guests are having encounters with ghosts. Unfortunately, during our ghost tour we didn't see anything.
This was my first time leaving Andrew and was a little nervous but he didn't miss a beat without me. That made my trip even more enjoyable! Both the kids were happy to see me pull up on Sunday evening, though.
I did miss an exciting Saturday night in our neighborhood . . . a car crashed into our neighbors house! We live on a corner and people think they can take the curve at 50 +. Well this intoxicated 17 year old tried it at about 70 and didn't make it. My neighbor said she thought a bomb went off when he hit their house. I guess the street was filled with flashing lights for quite a while that night. But I'm not the only one to miss the excitement as Elliott slept through the whole deal. Actually the three closest houses to the crash slept through it but several others were up!

No comments: