Friday, September 5, 2008

Ugh . . .

This pretty much sums up my day so far . . .

I caught Andrew long enough to change his diaper right before nap. He then promptly stood up and walked across the room, flashed me a smile and proceeded to fill his diaper. Nice . . .

Yesterday morning Lauren woke up with several bumps on her legs that looked like mosquito bites. I doctored them up and sent her off to preschool. When I went back to get her two hours later, her legs were covered in large red splotches. She was itching so I doctored her up again and we went on about our day. After supper last night we noticed the spots were moving to her arms so it was off to a bath. I was a little nervous they were going to spread farther but we put her to bed anyway . . . Elliott checked on her around 3 in the morning and things were looking better.

Then 7 AM rolls around and she is up and itching with more spots all over. So we are off to the doctor. Elliott did volunteer to keep Andrew but I said I could handle the both of them (I'm a Mom . . . shouldn't I be able to do that??). Our conservation at the doctors office . . .

Me: Lauren please don't hog the train table. You can share with Andrew.
Me: Andrew take the train out of your mouth.
Me: Lauren stop wiping your nose on Andrew's shirt.
Me. Andrew don't pick up the pebbles on the floor.
Me: Lauren stop blowing on your brothers belly.
Me: Andrew get down from the chair. You're going to fall on your head.

Whew . . . thankfully we weren't in the lobby long!

It turns out the cold that Lauren is battling has produced some viral infection resulting in the Hives all over her body. The good news - it's not contagious. The bad news - it will take 3-4 weeks for them to travel thru her body and then be gone! Dr. prescribes a syrup to take to help with the itching. It's kinda pricey so she said to check around. After talking with our insurance company, I find out they won't cover it at all but they'll cover another option. So I call the Drs. office back and they agree to the other med and fax it in for me. We go to pick up the meds and are told by the pharmacy that our insurance company is rejecting the new med w/o a request from the doctor and even then it will take 5 days to process. Umm . . . didn't I just get off the phone with the insurance company - YES!! After questioning the pharmacy tech for a few minutes, I just go with option C - Zyrtec off the shelf. Dr. had told me before we left her office that this might be the only option to go with without spending an arm & a leg. Whew (again) . . .

Now it's nap time and I'm suppose to be working on my grocery list for tomorrow morning but I'm surfing instead! :) Oh yeah, did I tell you that it rained on us all morning. Yep, it's been a great day.

No comments: