We've had a fun few days! Lauren woke up around 11:00 on Thursday night complaining her nose was stuffy. She was coughing and feverish and just plain miserable. She wanted someone to lay with her so Elliott did. He came back to bed around 2:00 and Lauren awoke at 3:00 calling for me. I went to lay with her and did until about 5:00 then Elliott went in around 5:30 as she was back up. Fun night!
Friday she didn't eat much and ran a fever of 102 to 103. She finally decided she was hungry at supper time and requested a PB & J sandwich. She ate it and some goldfish. I was happy that she'd finally ate and the fever was coming down a little. She was good for a couple of hours and then the dreaded happened . . . she began throwing up. I don't do well with puke so it was all Daddy time!! She covered herself and the couch. Yuk! After she was cleaned up it was pretty much bed time so we read stories and headed off to bed. She was ready! She managed to sleep until 5:00 AM when I heard her calling, "More water in my purple cup, please!". I filled her cup and laid back down with her for a few minutes. It didn't take long for her to sack out again. She slept until 10:00 AM. I don't think she has ever slept that late!
I had hopes Saturday would be better. She got up with a slight fever but wanted to eat some toast so I thought that was a good sign. She ate her toast and came to watch a little TV on the couch with Elliott. Pretty soon, she wanted to sit on my lap in the recliner and I should have known something was up 'cause it wasn't long before the toast was all over me, her and the floor. Double yuk! The rest of the day was pretty good for her. She ate a few crackers and pretzels and decided a hamburger sounded good for supper. Her fever also broke so she was in better spirits. So, since one kid was on the mend it was time for the other to go downhill. Andrew awoke from nap with a fever but didn't seem to be bothered by it much. However, when supper time rolled around it spiked up and he was miserable. I got him doctored up but he refused to eat supper. The first time in his life he has refused food. The kid likes to eat! So, we played for a while and then got ready for bed. I was prepared for an awful night with him but he slept until about 7:00 this morning. Lauren did too! Now they are both playing in the basement with Elliott so I think we've turned the corner. Yea!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment