Lauren's been down and out with a cold all week. We've had to cancel all the activities I had scheduled for us this week including our weekly trip to Target and she's pretty bummed about it all. In fact in the height of her sickness, a fever of 102, refusal to eat and absolutely no energy, she asked to go shopping at Target. I told her she had to eat her toast in order to go and much to my delight she did. What a girl will do to go shopping!! After holding up her end of the bargain I had to come up with another excuse why we couldn't go. Having a fever of 102 wasn't enough for her so I went with the tried and true of 'Andrew needs a nap'. Have I created a monster or what??
We did manage to squeeze in a short trip to Wal-Mart yesterday to get necessities like milk. She was doing pretty good and I thought we could make it in and out without an incident. I was wrong! She proceeded to have a coughing fit that led to a near puking episode. Fun! So I got her a drink and we carried on as quickly as possible. She proceeded to cough the entire time we were there and I asked her "Lauren, where is all the coughing coming from?" She looks up at me and matter of factly says, "My mouth". I needed that laugh about then!
Shopping with Lauren is never dull . . . Last week when we were at Target she started in on a rousing game of Peek-A-Boo with Andrew. So for the 30 minutes we were there everyone knew where Lauren was as she belted out, "Peek-A-Book Andrew, It's me". I always enjoy our outings together as she keeps them exciting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment