Monday, August 4, 2008

Andrew's Party




We had a birthday party for Andrew on Saturday evening. He doesn't actually turn one until the 8th so he'll get to have another party with just mom, dad and Lauren. He got great gifts and I'll post pictures of him and Lauren enjoying all of them later.


Andrew also enjoyed his cake. Lauren wouldn't even touch her cake at her first birthday (or her second, we'll see how 3 goes!) so Andrew diving in was great. I finally got to get some cake eating pictures. The pictures don't really show you all the details. He had frosting smeared all across his face and down both arms before he was done. We were excited to be partying at my parents house so their carpet could reap the benefits of Andrew's cake throwing. When Saturday morning rolled around, I was even more glad we were there as I had a touch of the flu and spent most of the day in bed. So if it hadn't been for my mom, we wouldn't have had a party. Thanks, Mom!!!
Andrew had his one year pictures taken last Thursday. He also had his first haircut that day. I didn't get any pictures of the haircut as I ended up holding him. Brooke did great with him though. No matter if he was standing, sitting or lying down she just kept cutting! Today Lauren will be taking her 3 year pictures and some of her & Andrew together. I know that I'll be wore out after this event. Thankfully, we have a great photographer as well. She is so patient with the kids and just keeps clicking away. We even had to go back into the studio after reviewing the first set of pictures from Andrew's one year photo shoot. She got a great pictures on the second try. I can't wait to get them back.

No comments: