Lauren's first day of preschool was on the 21st. We had talked about the big event at great lengths in hopes of preparing her for everything that was going to happen. She was excited for the big day to come. So excited that she got up for the day at 4 AM. No amount of pleading on my part was going to get her back into bed . . .
8:30 finally comes and we all load up . . . still talking about how mommy & Andrew will be coming home so Andrew can take a nap and then we'll be back to pick her up. We go into the school and I help her wash her hands (daily requirement by the teachers) and then she is off to the big rug for some circle time. We tell her we're leaving and we'll see her later and that was it. No tears or anything on her part. Seeing as how this is the first time I have every left her somewhere other than at grandma's house, I was thrilled. We have been told my so many people that she is READY for preschool but she only turned three, six days prior so I was a little nervous. Her teachers have reported that she is quiet but a great listener and follows direction like a champ. I'm sure in a couple more weeks they won't think she is quiet any longer.
In all it was a great day for everyone. I'm so proud of her!



No comments:
Post a Comment