Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day








Each year on Memorial Day we go to the cemetary for services and then to the farm for a cookout. Elliott's parents are a big part of the services and Lauren is a junior auxiliary member so she got to stand up front with Grandma this year. She wasn't up there too long before she ventured back to us, though. I'm proud of her going at all. Last year there was no way she would have done it at all.




After the guns go off all the kiddos scramble to get the spent shell casings. Grandpa had saved one for Lauren & Ethan and here Lauren is running to show it off to us. Crazy what gets a kid excited.





There are so many babies around when we all get together now. I never did manage to get everyone in one picture. Here is Morgan with Colton and Elliott with Andrew. Andrew is only 6 months older than the other two little ones but he looks so much older since he is quite big. I hope the other two catch up quick or we might have a bully on our hands. Actually, Andrew seemed to like the little ones and was quite gentle with them.










I'm sure that Ethan had to sleep in the car on the way home as he and Lauren ran non-stop. Lauren was sleep in the first ten miles and Andrew was before we even made it a mile. The kids all had a great day. It is so much fun to get everyone together. I wish we did it more often.

No comments: